Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally

I have finally found the time (thanks to Owen) to sit down and create this blog.  I was reading my friend Emily's blog today where she listed her top ten favorite things and I thought what a better topic to start off with.

First off, I am a science geek, and english is not my thing.  So if my grammar or spelling is off I appologize.

#1  Being a mom.  I knew being a mom would be wonderful, but I really didn't realize how great my "little man" would actually be.  Since Owen and I are in a better schedule of sleeping, eating and awake time I have really started to enjoy him.  I hope to enjoy the next 6 weeks with him as much as have the first 6.



#2 My husband.  Ethan has allways been great, but since going through the pregnancy, birth, and caring for a newborn I have really appreciated just how wonderful he truly is.  In almost any situation Ethan can have me smiling in no time.  Even through tears of exhaustion and frustration over a screaming baby.  He has been a great dad from the minute Owen was born.


#3 Our families We are truly blessed to have such wonderul families.  Even our extended family is so supportive.   



#4 Friends I was very lucky to have met such wonderul women in college.  You know you have found true friends when you don't see eachother that often, but when you do it is like no time has passed at all.  I have allways made it my new year's resolution to visit my friends more, hopefully 2010 will be the year.  When I married my husband he also came with  a large group of friends.  We are really lucky to know and have support from such wonderful people.


Here is an oldy girls!  Love ya!


#5 My very patient dogs As you know I love dogs, especially my 2 labs Nellie and Lucy.  They have adjusted so well to the addition of Owen. 


#6 Sleep I tend to not function very well with lack of sleep multiple days in a row.  I usually would have a bad nights sleep maybe once in a while, but not day after day.  I could recover pretty easy before, but man when you have to do it multiple days in a row it is hard.  I appreciate those days when I could go to bed at 11 and sleep in till 8....someday maybe I will be able to do that again.

#7 The Outdoors  I love, love, love being outside.  Anything from taking a walk to fishing to cross-country skiing, I really love being outside in any season.  My favorite season though is fall and I live in the perfect location for it.  My favorite days start with a hike on our property.  I look forward to enjoying this activity with Owen. 

#8 My job  As much as I might complain over certain situations at work I really do love what I do.  It is so nice to go to a job that you feel passionate about and have so much fun doing it. 

#9 Wine  I really do love a glass of wine, especially with my favorite ladies.  It doesn't have to be expensive either, I can't really tell the difference.

#10 Great Shoes  I can really appreciate a great pair of shoes.  I love all types of shoes, but since I am on my feet all day at work my must have shoes are comfortable, and usually flat.

Since labor is still fresh in my mind, an added #11 is a must

#11 My anesthesiologist, Dr. Stancic.  He may not be McDreamy or McSteamy (acutally kind of cute), but  he sure was McFabulous to me.  After 3 hours of hard back labor I walked, well waddled into the L&D room wanting an epidural now.  He was in the room an hour later and I have never felt such better relief.  I really was able to enjoy the whole delivery process thanks to Dr. Stancic and all the wonderful people who cared for us during our stay in the hospital during and after Owen's birth.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A new blog to follow, I have to meet that little guy soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete