Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Saturday, January 15, 2011

1 year photos and update

We were a little late taking Owen's 1 year photos.  With all the activities (and colds) we had over the last month we really didn't have time to fit it in.  But, I am glad we waited.  Right before our session started it started snowing.  The snowflakes were so big.  We had planned to do some outdoor shots, but i was afraid it was going to be too snowy.  Apparently not!  Owen was a trooper.  Daddy came with and we got some family photos too.  Sarah Petersen with Sarah Schultz Photography is so amazing!

It really does melt my heart seeing these adorable pictures of Owen.  I feel like Sarah captured so much of his personality in these photos. 

 Here is a sneak peak:








These preview shots are so good, I can't wait to get all of them back....how am I going to be able to choose which ones to order?? 

I am happy to report that I think we are at the end of our cold.  Now we just have to keep that nasty norovirus out of the house too!  We have however moved on to teething.  Owen has been pretty iritable the last few days.  It is also becoming a challenge to find things for us to do to keep his mind busy.  Owen's favorite little budy Landon is feeling better too, so we have scheduled some more playdates which I am sure will help.  They love playing with eachother's toys.  Now if we can just work on that sharing part ;-)

The last week has been pretty mellow.  Which has been great for catching up on rest.  We had Owen's 1 year appointment.  He is doing great with all his developmental milestones.  He does continue to struggle with eating, but his pediatrician wasn't concerned.  One day Owen will love a certain food and the next time he eats it he may love it or he may hate it!  He continues to have a strong gag reflex and once or twice a week will vomit his food.  I believe he is doing it because he doesn't like what is in his mouth and doesn't know how to sipt it out. 

Here are his 1 year stats:

weight: 20.4 pounds.....10th percentile
height: 2 feet 5 inches.......40th percentile

He did drop a little on weight this last check-up, however he started walking too and has been quite active with that.

We are off to my parents house today to cheer on the Packers.....GO PACK GO!




Hi Luebke's, if you are reading this.....we had to break out that Aaron Rodgers shirt you gave Owen early!





No comments:

Post a Comment