Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

26 Weeks

Well, time for BW2 to have the spotlight for a little bit.

Next week will be the start of our 3rd trimester.  This pregnancy is seriously flying by.

BW2 Quick Facts:
Pounds Gained:  Enough ;-)  I believe I am at about 15 pounds right now

Food Cravings:  Bakery items (like cake and pie) which I don't really like normally.  This time around I don't have any strong aversions to foods (with Owen I couldn't stand meat especially chicken)

Side Effects:  "mom" brain is back.  I seem to have problem finding words sometimes.   Hip pain that can be a hassle.  The pain happens after I am actively cleaning or lifting a lot and then I rest.  I sometimes have a hard time walking after that......hopefully this gets better.  Heartburn....I was just telling my mother-in-law, Paula that I hadn't had any heartburn and wouldn't you know it kicked in with a vengence late last week (another baby with a massive amount of hair?)

Sleep?:  As long as I don't have heartburn I seem to be sleeping okay (and if Ethan isn't snoring....sorry honey I outed you!).  I don't have to get up and use the bathroom in the middle of the night like with Owen, however maybe this is coming?  I also sleep well if BW2 stays calm.

Different Pregnancy!

This pregnancy has been so much different when compared to Owen. 

~Morning sickness didn't last as long and wasn't as severe
~WAY more comfortable....I think my body just knows what to do now and doesn't fight the growing
~I am so much more calm
~BW2 is one active lil babe!  He/She is constantly kicking especially at night.  The kicks/wiggles are a lot stronger too.  This has been fun and Ethan and I just laugh.
~I seem to be carrying BW2 more "out" and not as high as with Owen.  I think this is why I don't seem to have problems with going to the bathroom at night, but I have the hip pain.


No belly pic, I will upload one soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment