Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why we have been MIA.....38 week update

The lack of blogging lately has been due to one sick little boy and a sick momma.....and end of 3rd trimester fatigue.  My poor little man has had a fever and a pretty deep cough the last week, and momma caught his cold too.  I guess it is better now then when the baby comes....please pray that Ethan stays healthy!

Oficially we are a little over 38 weeks!  Wow, I can't believe any day we could be meeting our second child. 

How far along are you?

38 weeks 3 days.....yikes!



Total weight gain:

Enough...lol...I finally picked up a couple of pounds which makes me feel better that our little one is growing enough in there.  My midwife was a little concerned, but at last weeks appointment I had put back on the couple pounds I lost.  I think maybe my lack of activity and still eating what I usually eat is contributing to the gain.  1 particualr lovely (or not so lovely) patient reminds me just how big I am everytime I see her (2 days a week)....some people drive me nuts! 

 
How big is baby?:

Not really sure, hopefully he or she stays under 8 pounds ;-)
Per BabyCenter.com baby should be on average 6.8 pounds at this point.

 

Maternity clothes:

My clothes options are getting really old!  I can't wait to get back into my regular clothes
Sleep?:
Very rough!  Due to being sick it has been hard to get sleep.  This week is operation catch up on sleep!  I am hoping to catch a nap today while Owen is napping.

Best moment this week?:

Enjoying some snuggles with Owen.
Getting things ready for baby.  Daddy has been doing a GREAT job!  Taking care of Owen and I (and the doggies!), installing the car seat, setting up the basinet, helping to do some deep cleaning around the house.  Plus he is busy at work.  I don't know what I would do without Ethan.

Boy/Girl????
I really have no clue what gender this baby is.  This pregnancy has been pretty different with Owen, but I don't know if that makes any difference.  I was so certain when I was pregnant with Owen that he was a boy and with this pregnancy I really don't know.  The last couple of days I have had girl thoughts, but I had boy thougths the first few months I was pregnant.  Ethan and I are so excited to find out!  I am almost more excited this time then with Owen....and who will he or she look like? 


Movement?:

Oh yeah!

BW2 continues to be a wild one in the kicking/squirming department



Food cravings?:
Fruit, juice, water, bread

I really want some chinese food, however the heartburn I would get from it would probably almost kill me ;-)  Maybe this weekend for lunch?


Food aversions?:

Meat and cooked vegetables. 



Labor signs?:
Lots of braxton hicks at nightb and the baby has definitley dropped.  My midwife asked me if I had a  lot of lower abdominal pressure because the babies head is so low....I don't really notice it that much.  I can breath a lot better and my ribs don't hurt as much.....thank-you baby!  I have an appointment on Thursday, we'll see if I am dilated at all.  She offered to check me last week, but I really wasn't ready for that yet....maybe this week?

Well, I am off to enjoy my day with my 1 kid and get in as much alone time with Owen as I can.....I will soon have my hands full!

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh I'm so excited for you all! I'll be thinking of you all and praying for an easy, quick labor and delivery! :)

    ReplyDelete