Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Thursday, July 5, 2012

HOT, HOT, HOT

Well, we have been a busy little family these last few weeks.  I am a little behind in posting.  Owen started swimming lessons with mommy.  It is so much fun and we make a whole night of Mommy and Owen time.....and Daddy and Colin get a solo evening together.

It is so stinking HOT right now and I really have not been motivated to do much of anything in the evenings (except go to the pool).  Our window unit air conditioners are barely keeping up with this heat, but we seem to be managing.  As long as the boys are cool, especially at night, we are all happy ;-)

Colin hasn't been outside too much, but Owen has been enjoying going to the pool with Mommy.  La Crescent built a new aquatic center and it is AMAZING!  We love it, Owen is so brave, sometimes too brave for mommy to handle.  I can't wait for Colin to enjoy the pool next year.  It is hard to believe that by this time next year our little bear will be walking

For the 4th we celebrated with the Uncle Adam and his girlfriend Cara coming back to La Crescent for a visit.  Since it was over 100 degrees we headed to my Aunt Sue's for some pool time, the pool however wasn't very cold at 94 degrees, but we managed to cool it to 89.  It is so nice to have Adam and Cara here and we are having a BLAST with them.  The boys love having new faces to entertain too!  They go back to Colorado on Sunday so we have time for a few more adventures ;-)

Here are some pics from the 4th, I didn't get a picture of my two boys in their 4th gear, I will have to do a re-do when we do some fireworks.....no fireworks yet it was TOO HOT!

colin loves Cara, especially drooling and sneezing on her ;-)

Seriously, this kid is just soooo cute!

cooling off with Grandpa

The little man actually fell asleep in the pool!

Owen is showing Daddy what he has learned in swimming lessons.  The boys LOVES to "swim" on his belly and float on his back

Finley goes up and flips......bravest 4 year old I know!

Mommy spent a lot of time inside with the little man....I kept trying to take pictures, but Colin really likes to chew on his hand!  

Okay, he is the cutest baby ever!  Oh wait, Owen was.....seriously they are both so cute and have been so well behaved the past week with all this heat.  I feel like I am crabbier than they are.


Happy belated 4th of July, the next post will be our boating adventure.  Owen loves it, I think we need to ask Santa for a boat this year!






No comments:

Post a Comment