Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blogging catch up

We have been an awfully busy family the last couple of months (mommy is recovering from a 2 week cold too).....and my usually blogging time (Owen's nap time) has turned into Mommy catch up with napping time too.  Man this pregnancy has made me really tired.  We are also making sure we soak up as much Owen alone time as we can....before we know it we are going to be a family of 4

I reached the 1/2 way point last week..yeah!  Our ultrasound went great, Baby W 2.0 looks to be healthy and cozy.  Not too cozy though because the ultrasound technician had a hard time getting views of babies heart/nose because he/she was moving around so much.  Uh Oh, I think we may have another on the go kid on our hands.  He/She will fit right in then!  Also due to positioning of the baby I have been able to feel this baby move since 16 weeks (I first felt movement around 22 weeks with Owen), so that has been exciting.  I will take a belly pic and post it later, this week has shown lots of growth!  After many discussions we decided again to not find out the gender....but I am feeling boy, not as strong as when I was pregnant with Owen, but that might change.

OWEN UPDATES!

Our little sweetie (well not so little anymore!) is the greatest joy.  He continues to amaze us with everything he does.  He has started talking a lot more.  Owen's favorite phrases:

"Oh no, Mommy!"-----when he drops something or someone else does
"More Please"
"thank-you"-----he says thank-you to EVERYTHING, even if you ask him for a smooch he says it.  So cute
"Nellie, back"----he LOVES Nellie, he isn't a huge fan of Lucy, I think because she is a little less dainty then our sweet Nellie.  I have been waiting a long time for Owen to pay more attention to them and he finally has.  He also loves to feed them.

Owen's obsession: True Boy

Owen is obsessed with Tractors, Trucks, trains and anything that looks like a tool.  He points all of them out wherever we go.  Ethan receives a tool catalog from Northern Tool and Owen looks through the 200+ pages to find all the big equipment.

Food:

Owen continues to not like food so much.  He pretty much lives on noodles (where mommy hides vegetables!), cottage cheese ("cow cheese"), berries (blueberries and raspberries), mangos, applesauce, cheese, chicken, yogurt, pancakes, cereal, crackers, and the occasional random food he surprises us and eats.  We continue to offer him a variety of foods, but atleast now he can tell us what he does want to eat.

Mommy for everything:

Currently Owen has a little obsession with mommy.  He only wants me to do things for him including getting him food/beverages, put him to bed, put him in his car seat, and play with him.  If I am not around he does fine, but if I am home it has to be me.  We are working on this.  It wouldn't be that big of a deal, except with the baby coming in March it is going to be a little busy. 


No pictures now, but the next blog I will upload pictures from the past couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment