Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 1 with Colin

Daddy took a week off work to spend sometime with Owen, Colin, and I (and help mommy).  We had a fun first week with Colin.  The weather has been BEAUTIFUL!  Who would have guessed almost 80 degrees in March?  We have played outside a lot, had picnics at the park, big breakfasts including Daddy's pancakes,  walks and testing out Owen's big wheel.  It might be a little too warm too early, Mommy wasn't prepared with shorts for Owen so we had to go on a little shopping trip.

Colin at 1 week:

~Sleeps GREAT!  He typically will sleep at night 4 1/2 hours straight and is up about twice a night.  Mommy is LOVING this.

~Weight gain, we had to go back to the doctor for weight checks every other day due to Colin dropping weight, but the "Chomper" gained 6 oz in 2 days his last appointment, so we don't have to go back till Friday.  He was 7 pounds 3 ounces at his last appointment.

~His jaundice is clearing up.  It was never bad enough to test, but someone did ask me when we were out for a walk "was your baby born tan?"

~He currently likes:
         To be held during the day.....and he is just so cute we are eating up all these snuggles!
         To be swaddled
         Having his hair washed

~He is not a fan of:
         Having his diaper changed
         Being naked (I am sure this will changed and I will have 2 naked boys running around the house after                                   bath time!
       

We are just so happy and feel so blessed to have Colin in our family.  He is so sweet and has just fit right into our routine nicely.  I am so much more relaxed this time and I think Colin is picking up on that.


Colin's first bath!

Owen wanted to help...I think he just wanted to play in the water

Catching a little nap with mommy

Owen loves Daddy's pancakes and sausage!

Colin snuggling with Daddy

Colin at 1 week....such a sweetie pie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment