Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

32 weeks

Well almost 33 weeks....not 2 weeks early!  I had no clue that this year is leap year (thanks to one of my patients for bringing this to my attention) and I really don't want to have a leap day baby.....I already have an almost Christmas baby.....no more holiday babies for this momma!

I think it just hit me that we are having another baby.  Life has been pretty busy the last 5 months and now I have had time to focus on preparing for Baby #2.  I have been busy trying to organize the house.  Also going through baby items and washing some gender neutral clothes.  It actually has been fun to see all the cute outfits that Owen wore (and hard to believe that another baby will wear them).  We are already more ready for this baby then we were with Owen.

We are continuing to struggle with names, however we have a good list started.....we really have only been looking at names for the last week or so.

Total weight gain?
about 20 pounds, Suprisingly I weigh quite a bit less then I did when I was this pregnant with Owen....I hope this continues, but my sweet tooth has started to kick in....well I have been letting it kick in.  I failed my 1 hour glucose test and had to take the 3 hour (which thankfully I passed a couple days after Christmas which helped me stay away from Christmas treats!)



How big is baby?
3.75 pounds and now is time for the big growth in the next 7 weeks.  I read that and laughed because I honestly feel like I am already running out of room for this baby. 

Maternity clothes?
You bet, but sweatpants are so much better!  I do like wearing sweater dresses that are non-maternity.  Being petite and materning clothes is a nightmare really.


sleep?
As long as I can shut my mind off of projects or things I want/need to get done I sleep great.  I still don't have to get up at night and go to the bathroom, however I am running to bathroom more during the day now....so having to get up at night might be coming.  I am still sleeping in bed, with Owen I slept on the couch (which also has reclining areas) because of such bad heartburn.  I continue to have very minimal heartburn

movements?
Oh yeah, constantly! 

food cravings?
FRUIT especially bananas, kiwis, blueberries, strawberries and apples (I usually eat all of these everyday), peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches and homemade yogurt parfaits with fruit and granola.  I have craved brownie sundaes and a couple of weeks ago I had a strong craving for McDonald's french fries.


food aversions?
none really, but I would really rather not eat meat or cooked vegetables, however I found out I am anemic and probably should eat more red meat and spinach salads, but I am now taking an iron supplement and hope that helps.

 
what I'm looking forward to?
Meeting this little sweetie, introducing the baby to his/her big brother, snuggling with baby and daddy after the birth.


what I'm not looking forward to?
LABOR AND DELIVERY!  Bold and capital letters!  Adjusting to the challeges of going from 1 child to 2 and finding enough time for both of them.  It is hard for me to believe that Owen won't be my baby


Here is a picture of all of us.  My friend Michelle took some pics of us.  I am working on editing some of the other ones, I thought this one was pretty cute though.


No comments:

Post a Comment