Owen Daniel

Owen Daniel
Our caring, wise, and energetic 3 year old

Nellie & Lucy

Nellie & Lucy
Our crazy and sweet doggies

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Witer parades

Owen loves a good parade.  We were  lucky enough to take in 2 parades this winter.  We celebrated with the Rotary Light Parade on the day after Christmas (FREEZING!) and "Christmas in La Crescent" with the holiday train. 

It was so cold for the Rotary Light parade (the temperature dropped 30 degrees from Thanksgiving Day....here comes winter!)  Colin snuggled in with Buppa and Punkin Webinger while The Smith's and Ethan and I braved the weather for the parade.  Owen loved all of it, the parade, the fireworks, turning the lights on in the park (AWESOME!) and of course hoarding candy canes and tootsie rolls.

Here are a few pics, it was too cold to take many pictures.  I wish I had a picture of Ethan holding a blanket up for Owen and his buddies to shelter them from the wind coming off the river.  What a good Daddy he is!

Trying to keep Owen warm till the parade starts

I believe this is a "No pictures" look, I hope this stops, I would love to take some 3 year pictures of this handsome boy....yup he is 3....crazy, that is another post as well!

Buppa is always prepared!

Keeping warm with his best buddy.....love these 2!
 
Christmas in La Crescent Fun:
 
A little snack before the parade at the Firestation

Colin is the most curious baby.....peaking around Daddy to see what is going on

Like I said before, Owen really enjoys taking pictures.  We get ALOT of these types of photos

Again, mad about pictures.  I didn't even ask him to look at me, he just didn't want the camera pointed in his direction at all.  Love ya buddy!

Is that a smile I see?  Wow, he really is a happy kid, just not with a camera in his face.  I have taken a little break in taking so many photos of him.  I think having Colin around helps too

Canadian Express Holiday Train....it was MUCH warmer this year!

Christmas music played by a live band is the BEST!  
 
 Despite Owen being EXHAUSTED, he LOVED it again and didn't want to leave.

Colin pretty much slept the whole time.  It would have been hard to get him out of the stroller and carry him because he was SO bundled up, Think the little boy in the Christmas story that fell in the snow and couldn't get up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment