I guess this is another blog catch up....2 in 1 day!
I was so busy on Mother's Day with my boys (Ethan left for San Francisco in the morning) I didn't take any photos of my boys and I or of my Mom and I......shoot!
Mother's Day was hard for my family this year. In years past we have met with my Cousin, Aunt's and Grandma for a girls brunch. I have been going to the brunch since I was pretty young (I think sometime in middle school/early high school). My Grandma Reny passed away in October and Mother's Day just wasn't the same this year without her here. We didn't get together for a brunch this year. I sure missed being with some of my favorite women at one time.
Since I am not very good at being a single parent, I packed the boys up and went to my parent's house for the week. It was good timing for my Mom to have her boys in the house. The weather was beautiful and we spent sometime outside playing. Amazingly both my boys napped at the same time all by themselves for almost 2 hours. Mom and I took that time to sit back, relax, and I made us a couple strawberry mojitos! They were so yummy! Later that night my Dad grilled some yummy food for us.
All in all it was a bittersweet Mother's Day. I loved spending the day with my boys.
I will post more about our week with the Smith's! I took a lot of pictures, mostly of the boys playing around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment